Our practice respects your right to privacy. We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose, for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed.
- The information collected will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about our services and any issues affecting your treatment.
- We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from them if, in our judgement, that it is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimized wherever possible.
- We may also use parts of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or at seminars as this may provide benefit to other patients. Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
- Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and any other material relevant to your treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of our records regarding your treatment any time, or seek an explanation from the dentist. Statutory fees will apply in relation to the types of access you seek. If you request an explanation of our records or a written summary, our usual fees will apply to these services.
- If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask to alter our records accordingly. You can otherwise be rest assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice, without your prior written consent. If you have any queries or concerns about our handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to raise these concerns with our practice.
- I hereby grant permission for the use if any illustrations, photographs or imaging records created in my case for use in scientific and professional journals and presentations at any time during or after treatment with no disclosure of any person details relating to my identity.
- We may use a range of means to communicate with you which may include telephone, post and electronic communication such as SMS messaging and/or email. By signing this consent form I grant permission and agree to receive communication from Beachside Complete Dental Care by telephone, post, SMS messaging and email where applicable.