These brownies are from Sarah Wilson’s I quit Sugar book. hese Gluten and sugar free brownies are easy to make and a healthier alternative to regular desserts. So if you’re interested and wondering how to make sugar free brownies, read below!
You also have the choice of adding chocolate chips to your mixture, so for your sugar free chocolate brownie recipe – read on.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 200 g almond meal.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
For Choc Chip Brownies
- 100 g 85-90% dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup almond butter.
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
- 1/4 cup raw cacao.
- 1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and line a 20x20cm brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Melt 50g of chocolate (this is half the total chocolate), either in a bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, or in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each. Chop the remaining 50g of chocolate into chunks.3. In a bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, melted chocolate and almond butter. Stir in beaten eggs. Fold in almond meal, cacao, baking powder and sea salt and remaining chocolate chunks. The mixture will be quite thick. Press into the lined brownie tin.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When ready, cool in the tin for 5 minutes then slice into 20 squares.